My name is Ms. Bowen. I have 2 children, Johnny (23) and Claire (21) who both attend Ohio University in Athens. They are 3rd generation Bobcats! Johnny just graduated in May and is working for Logan City Schools as a teacher. Claire transferred to Hocking Technical College and is pursuing her degree in dental hygiene. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. I'm a foster for my dog and cat rescue group called PAWS. I love making a difference for animals and students. I've taught 5th grade and high school Art. I'm happy to be a part of the Tri-Valley family. I look forward to meeting all my students this year.
Ms. Bowen’s Science supply list for 2022-2023
Students in period 1, 2 and Flex, please send a box of tissues to school.
Students in period 3 and 4, please send a pack of pencils to school.
Students in period 5, 7 and 8, please send a container of Lysol wipes to school.
1 package of index cards
cheap earbuds ($1 at the Dollar Tree)
2 glue sticks
pencils with eraser toppers
3 ink pens
pencil case/pouch to hold supplies
2 highlights (different colors)
coloring supplies of your choice (markers, crayons or colored pencils)
2 or 3 inch 3 ring binder with pockets
10 pack of page dividers
1 pack of lined paper 100 -200 sheets (hole punched to put in binder)
$7.00 science lab fee payable to Tri-Valley Middle School (take to the office to Mrs. Smith the secretary)
TVMS ZAP ZONE
Zeros Aren’t Permitted (ZAP) Program at Tri-Valley Middle School
Belief: Every student can be successful.
What: A working lunch for students to complete missing/late homework. It is not intended to be punitive, but to hold students accountable for completing their work.
Where: Room 102 for 7th grade and Room 102 for 8th grade
When: Daily during lunch
Who: Students who have three or more incomplete or missing assignments
Why: Assignment completion is vital to success. Not completing assignments is unacceptable.
Goal: The goal of the Zeros Aren’t Permitted (ZAP) program is to provide support for students, promote responsibility and good study habits, reinforce the value of hard work and effort, and foster good communication between home and school.
*This program is intended to work in tandem with existing teacher interventions, not in place of them. As they see fit, teachers may conduct their own working lunches, lunch detentions, and/or other interventions and consequences for students with missing or late work.
Process of ZAP:
1. When missing three or more assignments, students may be assigned a ZAP ZONE time during their lunch and given a ticket by their teacher. Teachers should attempt to assign no more than 2 students on any given day.
2. A student has five minutes to get their lunch and report to the ZAP ZONE. Monitors might also go to the cafeteria to collect their students. The ticket from their teacher will allow them to move near the front of the lunch line.
3. Students may return to the lunchroom as soon as they complete and turn in their assignment to the ZAP ZONE monitor.
4. The ZAP ZONE monitor will record what assignment and progress is made for each student. Teachers should fill out a new ticket for each day and provide it to the student.
5. If students are absent on the day of their ZAP ZONE, they will attend the next day.
6. If students do not attend their ZAP ZONE, they may be tracked down in the lunchroom by administration.
7. To help each student be as productive as possible, the ZAP ZONE should be kept quiet. Additionally, monitors should attempt to provide assistance to individual students as much as possible.
8. Teachers will assign students to ZAP ZONE by using forms provided by the office. The top part should be sent to the office prior to the start of lunch, and the bottom part should be given to the student.
digital link to our Science workbook:
Please sign up for Remind to be notified of upcoming test, project or general information. Each class has a code to use to join.
How to Join Remind
- Join by text:
Participants text a unique class or school code to a Remind phone number. The Remind number is 81010. For example, if you wanted to join a class with the class code @math, you would text @math to 81010.
- Get mobile app notifications:
Download the mobile app for iOS and Android devices and create a new account (or log in if you already have one.) To join a class, tap the + by Classes Joined and either join with your class code or search for your class. You'll automatically get app notifications.
- Join online:
Visit remind.com/join and enter the class or school code and your email address.
2021-2022 Remind codes