Hello TVMS Parents & Guardians,
The End of Year is coming to a quick end! Here is an update for End of the Year activities & reminders:
1. 8G Washington DC Trip --- Still have Questions? Email Mrs. Bollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org, If you still have medical questions, email email@example.com .
2. Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week = May 8 - 12th. Special thanks to all of our staff for a great school year and the staff’s investment in our kids to make a memorable & special school year of learning and fun! We thank our TVMS Honor Society, Leo Club, Student Council, District Office and our TVMS PTO for contributions to recognize our outstanding staff this week!
3. Accelerated Reader: Please encourage your child to continue reading fiction & non-fiction novels to meet their AR goal for the 4Q & this summer! Students that earned half of their AR Goal at the halfway point of the 4Q earned a donut breakfast during FLEX class on April 26th! Nothing but yummy! Great Job AR earners!.
4. Checking Grades: I ask that parents actively check progressbook with your username & password at https://pa.laca.org/ to check your child’s progress regularly to encourage /assist as needed and reward them for good work.
4Q is ending on Tuesday May 23rd. Please call the office if you need assistance or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
4Q will be posted to Parent Access in Progressbook on Friday 5/26. Paper report cards are no longer sent home by the district.
Please utilize Progressbook to stay engaged on your child’s academic progress.
KEEP IN MIND that 4Q grades determine athletic eligibility for Fall Sports, not yearly grades!
5. End of Year Assemblies - 7th and 8th grade students will be honored with their own end of year Awards Assemblies. Teachers have chosen their annual “Bright Light Award” winner and Floor grade level Teacher Teams have chosen their Top 2 students for: Outstanding Achievement Award, Citizenship Award & Most Improved Award. All of these aforementioned students will receive a Hot Heads Burritos Buffet Luncheon on May 15th and receive a certificate of the particular Award earned. Look for these future honorees to be named in an upcoming TVMS e-Blast!
Top Dawgs = I want to complement our numerous students for their citizenship, service, academic focus, effort & leadership; as TVMS had hundreds of students recognized as TOP DAWGS of the week for the 3Q & 4Q! Great Job Dawgs!
Congrats to all the 2023 State Testing Raffle Prize Winners! Listed in the May 8th e-Blast!
7. After School Homework / Study Help is coming to a close. May 17th is the final opportunity for teacher assistance.
8. Library Notice - The last day to check out library books this school year was May 3rd.
Students need to turn in all Library Books by this Thursday May 12th.
Students need to turn in all Textbooks, Class Novels & Calculators by May 22nd.
Make sure students see Miss Rodgers, in the library, to turn in any misplaced or overdue books. Fee's will be placed on student accounts for items not returned.
Loss of 1 hour of Field Day for Textbooks or Calculators NOT returned by May 22nd.
9. Medication pickup -
If your child has medication or medical supplies in the school clinic, please arrange for someone (parent, guardian, grandparent etc.) to pick up the medication/supplies at your child's school building by 3:00 p.m., Tuesday. May 23, 2023.
If items are not picked up by this date, the medication and medical supplies will be disposed of.
10. Calendar Check =
5/10 = Columbus Symphony Orchestra Assembly at TVHS @1PM
5/12 = MS Honor Society Ceremony @ 1:30pm in MS Gym. Guests by invitation only.
5/15 & 5/16 = 6G Visit to TVMS. 9:45 – 11:15. Student Council assists with tours.
5/16 = Seventh grade Awards Assembly @ 8:40 in TVMS Gym. (tentative time)
5/16= TVMS Choir concert at TVHS Cafe @ 7pm.
5/17 – 5/20 = Eighth grade Washington DC trip
5/18 = 7th grade Field Trip to Kids America furnished by TVMS PTO.
5/22 = Eighth grade Awards Assembly @ 8:40 in TVMS Gym.
5/23 =Field Day & Students Last Day.
AUGUST - Start of the 2023-24 TVMS School Year!
8/17 = 7G & 8G TVMS Evening Open House & Schedule Pickup in Gym from 6:45 - 8:15PM.
8/17 - Freshman Orientation at TVHS at 5:30PM
8/21 = TVMS Afternoon Open House & Schedule Pickup from 12 - 2pm in Cafeteria.
8/29 = TVMS PTO Kickoff Meeting @ 4:30 PM in MS Cafeteria! We need your involvement to have an awesome year!
8/30= TVMS Fall Picture Day
Tri-Valley Middle School
Voice: 740-754-3531 x2002