Hello MS Parents & Guardians! I hope you are enjoying the Fall days now that it seems Fall weather has finally arrived!
1. Please encourage your child to continue reading fiction & non-fiction novels to meet their AR goal for this last week of 1st quarter then future grade quarters. Again the 1st Quarter is coming to an abrupt ending on 10/17. Students will have this coming week as a Credit Recovery (Study Hall to make-up missing assignments) week in their MASK practice period.
a. As discussed earlier in August, with grades reflecting Assessment being at least 60% of your child’s subject grade – It is critical your child take advantage of the opportunities that teachers provide to retake certain assessments. Again, teachers allow the child to retake certain assessments to earn a better score. This empowers your child to have greater ownership and responsibility for their learning.
2. I ask that parents actively check progressbook with your username & password at https://pa.laca.org/ to check your child’s progress regularly to encourage /assist as needed and reward them for good work. Please call the office if you need assistance or email email@example.com . 1st Quarter grades will be posted to Parent Access in Progressbook on Friday 10/25. Paper report cards are no longer sent home by the district. Please utilize Progressbook to stay engaged on your child’s academic progress.
3. You must sign up, if you haven’t already, THIS SCHOOL YEAR for text / email alerts regarding School closings/delays and other emergency / calendar items. To enroll for THIS SCHOOL YEAR go to https://www.mycallnow.com/?G=0iTCfCyAOobaA5YuqaNMXw%3d%3d and fill in the fields & submit. School Closings & delays will be communicated with this service, on the TV Homepage and on WHIZ media.
4. It has been an extended summer with the heat in September & October, although as the weather is getting colder, we may encounter a calamity day or Two hour delay… In the event of a calamity day - students are required to complete a "Continuous Learning Assignment" or CLA for each of their teachers that they would have for class that day. These CLA's assignments are located directly on each teacher's school webpage. Teachers will make it clear on the webpage or when students return to class, as to when that assignment is due, but it will function like a homework assignment.
a. No more than 8 CLA’s will be utilized in the school year. In the event the district experiences more than 8 calamity days, the district will be required to make up missed school days.
5. 8th Grade WASHINGTON DC TRIP DUE DATES
*Payment 3 is a larger installment, but may be defrayed by raising money through our fundraiser. This is why this greater amount is left until the end. If individuals would like to make intermediate installments to break up the amounts, they are welcome to do so. All payments must be made directly to Nowak Tours via mail or online (see payment packet).
a. QUESTIONS about the DC trip? Email Ms. Prouty at firstname.lastname@example.org or view this link: https://www.tvschools.org/olc/644/page/94732
6. Tri-Valley Schools are now required to annually notify parents and legal guardians how they will be notified of emergencies. In the event of an actual emergency, parents will be notified via text alert, TEC ad the TV website.
Calendar Check ... Looking further ahead
A. Thursday 10/17 = End of 1st quarter.
B. F 10/18 = No School for Students.
C. Tu 10/22 @ 4:45 =TVMS Boosters PAC meeting in the TVMS conference room (near Guidance Office).
D. 1st Quarter grades will be posted to Parent Access in Progressbook on Friday 10/25. Paper report cards are no longer sent home by the district.
E. F 10/25 =
1. Student Council sponsored Dress-Up Day= Students may wear costumes for a $1 donation collected by Student Council
2. 1st Quarter AR Reward movie at school for those students who qualified & met their AR goal. Qualified Students may bring their OWN Snack to school. Our Multiple Disabilities classroom will be selling popcorn for $1. Qualified Students will be provided a soft drink or water as another reward.
3. Halloween Themed Dance/Activity Time sponsored by TVMS Boosters & Cooking Club. Admission $5, snacks available for an additional cost.
F. 11/4 & 11/5 = Parent /Teacher Conferences from 11:45AM – 7PM by appointment only.
G. Friday 11/8 = Veteran Day Assembly for students.
H. 11/11 – 11/15 = World Kindness Week.
I. W November 13th = Parent Ed Opportunity ... Social Media Dangers & Awareness presentation at TVHS cafetorium from 6-8PM. https://www.tvschools.org/userfiles/139/my%20files/presentation%20on.jpg?id=165146
J. 11/26 =will be College Spirit Day! (Go Buckeyes!)
K. 11/27 – 12/3 = No School for Students = Thanksgiving Break.
L. 12/4 = School resumes
M. 12/6 = TVMS & TVHS Holiday Band concert @ 7pm in the TVHS Cafe.
N. 12/17 = TVMS & TVHS Holiday Choir Concert @ 7pm in the TVHS Cafetorium.
O. 12/20 = Last School Day of 2019; Holiday Music Showcase Assembly for All students
P. 12/21 – 1/5/19 = Winter / Christmas Break – No School
Q. 1/6/20 = School resumes for 2020
R. M 1/20 = No School, MLK Jr. Day observed
Enjoy the autumn season and Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Go Scotties!
Tri-Valley Middle School
Dresden, OH 43821
Voice = 740-754-3531 x2002