Hello MS Parents & Guardians!
I hope you are enjoying the Fall days as the peak of colors have arrived and falling. Here are some notes, now that we have finished the 1st Quarter followed by Acknowledgements and the Calendar Check.
1. If Students are ill at home, parents should call the absence hotline 740-754-4050. If students are well enough to do remote learning for the day, they can complete the work on google classroom from home. The parent should declare on the absence hotline, that the student would complete Remote Learning, if you/student do not want to fall behind.
During COVID, NO pre-planned absence work will be extended to students for vacation or other extended leaves, as a child can complete Google Classroom activities as a temporary remote learner.
2. Given limited devices available at school, students are encouraged to bring their own chromebook or laptop (device with standard keyboard) for google classroom use and access. Please ensure to have your child utilize a lock on their locker or bag to secure these valuables.
3. If parents or grandparents are thinking of a Holiday gift for their child, consider pooling resources into a Chromebook or laptop, as a gift, for your child. There are less expensive models, with less options, available online or in stores during the upcoming Holiday shopping season. With remote learning (google classroom) as a more prominent component of classroom instruction and completing absence work online at home, I believe most students will use these with regularity.
4. Please encourage your child to continue reading fiction & non-fiction novels to meet their AR goal for the 2nd quarter & future grade quarters.
5. I ask that parents actively check progressbook with your username & password at https://pa.laca.org/ to check your child’s progress regularly to encourage /assist as needed and reward them for good work. Please call the office if you need assistance or email email@example.com . 1st Quarter grades will be posted to Parent Access in Progressbook on Friday 10/30. Paper report cards are no longer sent home by the district. Please utilize Progressbook to stay engaged on your child’s academic progress.
6. You must sign up, if you haven’t already, THIS SCHOOL YEAR for text / email alerts regarding School closings/delays and other emergency / calendar items. To enroll for THIS SCHOOL YEAR go to https://www.mycallnow.com/?G=0iTCfCyAOobaA5YuqaNMXw%3d%3d and fill in the fields & submit. School Closings & delays will be communicated with this service, on the TV Homepage and on WHIZ media.
7. As the weather is getting colder, we may encounter a calamity day or Two hour delay… Snow Days / Calamity Days WILL NOT require completion of a "Continuous Learning Assignment "(CLA) during this COVID pandemic school year.
8. Remote Learners - Please contact your teacher with questions. Please utilize the teacher's Remote "Office Hours" listed on their google classroom page and their teacher website.
9. Tri-Valley Schools are required to annually notify parents and legal guardians how they will be notified of emergencies. In the event of an actual emergency, parents will be notified via text alert, TEC and the TV website.
Calendar Check ... Looking further ahead
A. Wednesday 11/11 = Veteran Day activities in Social Studies Class.
B. 11/13 = World Kindness Day - Student Council activity
C. 11/24 =will be College Spirit Day! (Go Buckeyes!)
D. 11/25 – 12/1 = No School for Students = Thanksgiving Break.
E. 12/2 = School resumes
F. 12/22 = Last School Day of 2020
G. 12/23 – 1/3/21 = Winter / Christmas Break – No School
H. 1/4/21 = School resumes for 2021
I. Friday 1/8/21 is the end of the 2nd Quarter.
J Tuesday 1/12 / 21 = No School for Students = Professional Day
K. Friday 1-15-21 = 2nd Quarter Grades will be published in Progressbook
L. Mon 1/18/21 = No School, MLK Jr. Day observed
Enjoy the autumn season and Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Go Scotties!
Tri-Valley Middle School
Voice: 740-754-3531 x2002