OUR DISCIPLINE POLICY
- There shall be no cruel, harsh, or corporal punishment or any other unusual punishments such as, but not limited to, punching, pinching, shaking, spanking or biting.
- No discipline shall be delegated to any other child.
- No physical restraints shall be used to confine a child by any means other than holding a child for a short period of time, such as a protective hug, so that a child may regain control.
- No child shall be placed in a locked room or confined to an enclosed area such as a closet, a box, or a similar cubicle.
- No child shall be subjected to profane language, threats, derogatory remarks about himself/herself or his/her family, or other verbal abuse.
- Discipline shall not be imposed on a child for failure to eat, failure to rest or sleep, or for toileting accidents.
- Techniques of discipline shall not humiliate, shame or frighten a child.
- Discipline shall not include withholding food, rest or toilet use.
- Separation, when used as discipline, shall be brief in duration and appropriate to the child’s age and developmental ability, and the child shall be within sight and hearing of a SACC staff member in a safe, lighted and well-ventilated space.
- A Student Discipline Plan will exist as follows:
1*Verbal Warning on First Offense
2*Timeout and/or removal from Situation/Area
3*Parents Notified in person and/or in writing with behavior report
4*Parents will be contacted by Program Coordinator for possible permanent removal from Scottie Kids Club Program