Hello! I hope you are enjoying the Fall days now that it seems Fall weather has finally arrived.
1. You must sign up, if you haven’t already, THIS SCHOOL YEAR for text / email alerts regarding School closings/delays and other emergency / calendar items. To enroll for THIS SCHOOL YEAR go to www.tvschools.org , Click on “Mail List” (http://www.tvschools.org/Communication) at vertical tabs in center of homepage, and enter informational boxes as desired. School Closings & delays will be communicated this way, on the TV Homepage and on WHIZ media.
2. We had an unseasonably warm fall season, although as the weather is getting colder, we may encounter a calamity day or Two hour delay… In the event of a calamity day - students are required to complete a "Continuous Learning Assignment" or CLA for each of their teachers that they would have for class that day. These CLA's assignments are located directly on each teacher's school webpage. Teachers will make it clear on the webpage or when students return to class, as to when that assignment is due, but it will function like a homework assignment.
3. Please encourage your child to continue reading fiction & non-fiction novels to meet their AR goal for the last week of 1st quarter then future grade quarters. I ask that parents actively check progressbook with your username & password at https://parent.laca.org/ to check your child’s progress regularly to encourage /assist as needed and reward them for good work. Please call the office if you need assistance or email email@example.com . Below are some upcoming events and a calendar check at the bottom.
4. 8th Grade WASHINGTON DC TRIP DUE DATES
a. Payment 1 ($150 per person) – October 17th, 2018
b.Payment 2 ($175 per person) – January 16th, 2019
c.Payment 3* (remaining balance)- March 13th, 2019
a.*Payment 3 is a larger installment, but may be defrayed by raising money through our fundraisers. This is why this greater amount is left until the end. If individuals would like to make intermediate installments to break up the amounts, they are welcome to do so. All payments must be made directly to Nowak Tours via mail or online (see payment packet).
b.QUESTIONS about the DC trip? Email Ms. Prouty at firstname.lastname@example.org or view this link:http://www.tvschools.org/olc/644/page/118143
Congrats to all the Fall Season participants! We have enjoyed watching & giving your best effort this season!
Winter Sports = Open Gyms and Open Mats for Winter Sports activities in some cases have begun or will begin soon.
Top Dawgs = I want to complement our numerous students for their citizenship, service, academic focus, effort & leadership; as TVMS had hundreds of students recognized as TOP DAWGS of the week for the 1st Quarter! Great Job Dawgs!
Scotties in the Spotlight = 7th grade October recipients: Brady Parker Bailey, Alizabeth Lighthizer, Ryan Fesler & Nevaeh Hood. 8th grade October recipients: Ely Maddox, Jamie Dennison, Jack Winland & Brianna Hutchison. Congrats!!
Monday 11/5 & Tues 11/6 - Parent/Teacher Conference days from 11:45AM – 7PM by teacher request or appointment only.
We will post the early November delivery date of School’s Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough/Dessert Fundraiser Sale Items on the TVMS Website when it becomes known to us. We expect orders to ship & arrive at the school in early November. Given these are mostly all perishable items – I will let you know the scheduled delivery date for you to pick up the order from school if you ordered several items or if you ordered only 1-2 items your student can carry it home via the bus/walk etc. We will hand out the cookie dough orders / perishable items just before afternoon dismissal the day of delivery. ALL ITEMS must be taken home the day of delivery – they will not be permitted to be stored overnight at TVMS! Thanks for your support! The company did not include a list of who ordered what item - as indicated on your original order form - , therefore we will sending home a carbon copy or copy of your order form with your child today to assist you disperse your purchased product.
State of Ohio AIR Testing Dates at TVMS-
• English/Language Arts (ELA) tests will be given 8th grade ELA =4/11 & 4/12 with 7th grade ELA = 4/15 & 4/16
• Math Tests will be issued 7th grade MATH = 4/30 & 5/1 with 8th grade MATH & ALGEBRA = 5/2 & 5/3
• 8th grade Science tests will be issued 5/6 & 5/7/19
Calendar Check ⇒ Looking further ahead
Enjoy the autumn season and Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Go Scotties!
Tri-Valley Middle School